From Confederations Cup action to rumours of potential new recruits, there’s plenty to ponder over in Monday morning’s Man City-centric headlines…
Kicking off with the former, Claudio Bravo has spoken following Chile’s final defeat to Germany.
In the second meeting between the two sides in this summer’s competition, the shot-stopper, who saved three penalties in the semi-final shoot-out against Portugal, could not prevent his side from falling to a 1-0 defeat at the hands of the World Champions.
Bravo asserts his side – gallant in their display – will use the experience proactively.
"There was not much difference between the two teams," he reflected. "We are sad not to have won, but we played against a world-class team and must learn from our mistakes."
Quoted in the Sun, the striker revealed: “When I was at City, I never passed one month without an injury.
“There was always something. I had never been injured like this since I started playing football. Never. It was a bad moment.
“It was malaria first, which is why I did not go to Indonesia with the team in pre-season.
“I trained and was first in Marbella with my personal coach.
“We realised I had malaria so we couldn’t train how we wanted. Then we came to the UK and the tests showed everything had gone but I didn’t go to Indonesia as it was too hot there and they said maybe I could get it again.
“So I stayed and continued training with the second team.
“When the team returned, we went to Germany to play against Stuttgart and there my finger was broken.
“They asked me if I wanted an operation but I said ‘no’ as the season was starting in two weeks. So I played all season with it. That season my body was suffering, then it was complicated for me to stay.
“There was the hamstring against Juventus… Against Barca I had a foot broken.
“I got caught by my own player in training, Vincent [Kompany]!
“This is football – there are ups and downs and I believe I have passed my difficult time.”
He added: “I like English football, I like the country and it is my way to play.
“My family like the country and do not want to move. And me especially, I don’t want to move.
“It is the best league and I am here because I’ve been successful here and want to be in the future.”
Meanwhile, Ronald de Boer believes Guardiola can reach incredible heights with City, ensuring fans will not be able to take their eyes off the ‘Barca-esque’ style.
As Squawka report, de Boer predicted: “He will improve Manchester City next season – without doubt.
“I say this because he’s the best manager. He changes games. He makes teams play. People in the street look at his teams and think: ‘Wow, OK, I want to see this!’
“At Barcelona, you were almost afraid to go to the toilet. You knew that, if you did, there was the possibility of missing something special. He can get Manchester City to that level.
“Fans will come to the stadium because they will see something happen. The result may not always be great, but they know the players will be playing attractively. They will do everything in their power to win games.
“They might concede, but the supporters will enjoy watching them so much. And, yes, they will do better next season.”
Now to the transfer gossip and the Metro claim Barcelona are the front runners to sign alleged City and Chelsea target Leonardo Bonucci.
According to Coral Barry: “The centre-back have been linked with a host of clubs this summer, but the Italian champions have already insisted Bonucci is not for sale.
“Tuttosport claim that of several sides chasing his signature, Barcelona are the favourites to seal the transfer.
“Bonucci has been superb for Juventus since joining in 2010 and has formed an excellent partnership with Giorgio Chiellini for club and country.
“The 30-year-old is wanted by Chelsea and City as an experienced head with plenty of years left in his locker as a defender.
“Chelsea and their Premier League rivals have both reportedly lodged bids for Bonucci, but so far Juventus have resisted the offers.
“Juventus have issued warnings to several suitors, but admitted if Bonucci submitted a transfer request then they would take the bids more seriously.
“Barcelona have been attracted to the Italian with the Spanish giants desperate to get back to winning major silverware next season.”
Finally, after it was reported yesterday City were monitoring Antonio Rudiger, the defender has played down talk of a move away from Roma.
A ClubCall article states: “City boss Pep Guardiola could launch a late move to hijack Chelsea's bid, but the central defender refused to say too much when quizzed about his future.
“Rudiger was speaking after helping Germany battle to a 1-0 Confederations Cup final win over Chile on Sunday, and is not sure where he will be playing his football next season.”
The defender said: “It's not about the future now, it's now about enjoyment.
“I need to enjoy this moment and I'm enjoying it to the fullest. The rest we will see in the coming weeks."